Our Services for Cosmetic Dentistry & Oral Prosthetics
Village Green Family Dentistry provides a full range of general dentistry services such as preventative, restorative, cosmetic and surgical procedures to families and individuals of all ages, including those with special needs.
Most people want to look their best. That good appearance also includes a personís smile. Which is why Cosmetic Dentistry is so important. At Village Green Family Dentistry we offer patients the following Cosmetic Dentistry services:
- Smile Design - Smile Design is a system of changing the size, shape, color and alignment of the teeth, and altering the associated tissues in order to enhance oneís appearance. What is changed is dependent on your particular needs.
- Porcelain Veneers - Veneers are a thin shell made out of porcelain or composite material. They are custom made and cemented to the front side of the tooth. A veneer can be used to treat dental conditions such as a slightly crooked tooth, discolored teeth, chipped teeth, or they can be used to cover spaces in between the teeth.
- In-office and At-home Bleaching - Bleaching is the process used to remove stains or color from teeth by applying chemicals such as hydrogen peroxide or urea peroxide. Depending on the condition of your teeth, the process may be done in the office or at your home.
- Crowns and Bridges - Dental crowns and bridges are prosthetic devices that replace missing teeth or part of a tooth. They are made of metal, porcelain and resin, or a combination of these materials. Crowns are intended to repair damage to individual teeth. They replace tooth structure lost by decay or injury, protect the part of the tooth that remains, and restore the tooth's shape and function. Bridges fill in a space in the jaw left by a missing tooth or teeth. They protect the shape of the mouth and restore function of the teeth and jaw.
- Restoration with Implants - Dental implants are the most progressive and natural option in tooth replacement today. Innovative dental technology provides predictable, comfortable, and aesthetic results.
- Complete Dentures - When all of a patientís teeth must be extracted, a full set of removable artificial teeth for either the upper or lower jaw, or both becomes a necessity.
- Partial Dentures- both Cast Metal and Flexible Valplast - When patients are missing several teeth, usually in a row, partial dentures are a viable option. We offer them in both cast metal and Valplast flexible partials.
- Devices for Grinding and Clenching - Grinding of the teeth, which typically includes the clenching of the jaw, is a problem that needs to be corrected. To help, we create custom devices designed to control the grinding and clenching, which prevent tooth wear, jaw pain and headaches.
- Athletic Mouth Guards - Sports are a major cause of oral injuries. To prevent them, children and adults should be outfitted with the proper mouth guards. We will create a custom mouth guard, ensuring you have the best protection possible.
- Denture Repairs and Relines - When broken or ill-fitting dentures become a problem, turn to Village Green Family Dentistry to have them repaired or relined.
- Occlusal Adjustments - Teeth need to mesh precisely to ensure the proper bite. When teeth are not in sync, occlusal adjustment is used to reshape the occlusal surfaces of teeth to create harmonious contact relationships between the upper and lower teeth.
Much advancement has been made in oral prosthetics, the branch of dentistry that deals with the replacement of missing teeth and related mouth or jaw structures using bridges, dentures, or other artificial devices. At Village Green Family Dentistry we offer patients the following oral prosthetics services: